Or - Does the World Really Needs Another Spam Filter? (Short Answer - Yes!)
In our experience, traditional antispam software can be one of the troublesome products customers have to deal with. They are absolutely necessary but come with their own set of issues... They cost too much, their accuracy fluctuates (sometimes wildly), they are resource pigs demanding major CPU and memory resources in order to function, they require too much user/administrator time monitoring, tweaking, tuning the spam filter, etc.
PerfectMail is different. PerfectMail is a completely new spam filter designed to eliminate the cost and pain associated with antispam protection. PerfectMail is:
- Low Cost. We have editions available that range in price from $0 to $5,000 (for full enterprise protection). We don't hide costs by charging by the user (or e-mail) address, nor do we lock down the amount of hardware you can give to your PerfectMail appliance. So you can protect as many people as you want, on the hardware that you want.
- Consistently Accurate. PerfectMail learns who it is protecting and the mail peers of those it protects. Once it discovers e-mail peer relationships, it ensures e-mail is always delivered.
- Wicked Fast. In spam filtering, speed matters. Other products are programed in Perl, Visual Basic or other interpreted languages. PerfectMail's antispam engine is programmed in C (the same programming language used for the Windows NT Kernel and the Linux Kernel) which executes about 100 times faster than VB or Perl. It's multithreaded design is ideally suited to high volume e-mail traffic. And, it's low resource demands make it ideal for cloud and virtual machine deployment. We have customers protecting 500+ users with a PerfectMail virtual machine that has just one virtual CPU core and 1 GB of RAM. Even with this low resource footprint, PerfectMail delivers e-mail in real time.
- Set and Forget Spam Filtering. PerfectMail watches e-mail flows and learns... It learns about your users and their e-mail peers. It learns what your spam looks like, which mail servers always send wanted e-mail, where URLs embedded in e-mails actually go, which mail servers are slamming you (e-mail harvesting), are you being attached by spam engines and much, much more. This information is retained and used to ensure wanted e-mail is always delivered and unwanted e-mail is rejected.
- Ruthless in Detecting Spam. Forget content filters, PerfectMail uses Message Intent Filters. These filters determine the intent of the message (is it marketing, is it Nigerian 419, is it spamvertising, etc.) by looking at all aspects of the message (envelope details, message headers, message content, message structure and even embedded HTML hyperlinks. PerfectMail even follows embedded hyperlinks (anonymously) to the target web server (following URL redirects) and then scans the target web page for it's intention. All of this information is then used to make a deliver-or-block decision.
- Enterprise Ready Maturity. PerfectMail contains advanced defenses against the worst spam attacks including denial of service attacks, e-mail address harvesting attacks, high bandwidth attacks and more. Even under extremely high message and network loads, your legitimate e-mail will continue to flow.
In future posts, I will go into more detail about PerfectMail's features and capabilities. However the real proof (i.e.: did we get it right) is in how PerfectMail works in your environment. So, I encourage you to take PerfectMail for a free 60-day test drive so you can experience it for yourself.
President / PerfectMail