Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 07:24
Setup Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in for Microsoft Outlook
Solution ID: 00000278
Is there a way I can report spam directly from Microsoft Outlook without having to use the PerfectMail Console?
Microsoft has provided an add-in for Outlook™ to allow you to report your spam as Junk using just one click. Using the Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in, PerfectMail is able to identify and immediately train your spam on your local PerfectMail server without you having to use the PerfectMail console.
The Junk E-mail Reporting feature integrates into Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
Install the Junk Email Reporting Add-in...
Download and run the Windows Installer .msi file to have the Junk E-mail Reporting Add-In Setup Wizard. You must have administrator privileges to run the Setup Wizard. You must also be using the following:
- Operating System: Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 2003 SP2, or Windows XP SP3;
- Micrsoft Outlook: Office Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, or Outlook 2007 (Service Pack 2 or higher);
- Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies (To download go to the Microsoft Download Center);
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.
- On your computer, close Microsoft Office Outlook if it is open.
- Go to the Microsoft Download Center page for the Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Add-In for Microsoft Outlook http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=147248 and download the .msi file.
- Double-click the .msi file.
- On the Welcome to Microsoft Junk Email Reporting Add-in Setup page, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, and then click I accept the terms in the License Agreement if you agree to the terms of installation and click Next to continue.
- When the wizard is complete, click Finish.
- Start Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Confirm the add-in had been successfully added by looking for the Report Junk button on your Outlook taskbar.
To report spam:
- Select the junk email (spam) messages in your Inbox (up to 10 spam messages at a time).
- Click the Report Junk button.
More information on Junk E-mail Reporting:
- With the Junk E-mail Reporting Tool you can report a message with only one click.
- PerfectMail is able to identify and immediately train spam submitted using Junk E-mail Reporting.
- Submitted messages are forwarded to PerfectMail for analysis and new PerfectMail signatures are generated daily.
- You can train up to 10 messages at a time.
- Outlook’s Junk E-mail local filter does not learn from your marking messages as Junk.
- Outlook’s Junk E-mail local filter does not learn from your moving them into the Junk E-mail folder.
- Outlook’s Junk E-mail filter definitions are updated via Microsoft Update on an almost monthly basis.
- Submitting a junk E-mail doesn't guarantee that it will be caught the next time.
- By submitting Junk E-mail for analysis you can help train your filters and reduce the spam you receive.
- The Junk E-mail Reporting feature integrates with Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
For more information refert to Microsoft Technet article:
Tags: perfectmail, spam, junk, email, report, training, setup, microsoft, outlook, plug-in, plugin, add-in, add-on,2003, 2007, 2010,2013
Link to this article: http://perfectmail.com/kb/microsoft_junk_email_reporting
Updated: Tuesday, June 09, 2015, 07:24
-- David Rutherford