Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 18:12
This maintenance release contains code improvements resulting better performance when the system is under load (< 100 concurrent connections), improvements to filtering and resolves some recently reported issues.
Rollout will be from Feb 21 - 27.
- Code refactoring to improve system performance on heavy loads of over 100 concurrent connections
- Domains rewrite: Rewrite/improvement of domain data structures in core filter code. The update resulted in code that is tighter, faster, isolated and thread-safe. Isolation now exists within the domain module rather than in the main thread.
- Update to startup code to prevent persistent hardware settings on migrated VMs
- Introducing anti-web-hacker code, to look for probing of common website hacking targets (development in progress)
- Improvements to GeoIP default database and updating mechanisms
- New UTM Bad source analysis test
- Fix a 'dot-stuffing' issue in local mail submission scripts
- Update to UI embedded release notes mechanism
- rxScanner analysis extension to allow from/reply comparisons
- Introducing strict utf8 encoding analysis
- Extended dns probe functionality to include SOA records
- Reworked tcp socket communications functions to use poll() instead of select()
- Update mime header parsing to decode mime-encoded mime header strings
- Bug: Message trailer configuration parsing problem fixed
- Bug: Update file maintenance code that was generating unnecessary error messages
- Update configuration backup logic to allow for unattended backups
- Bug: Update address alias management code where some aliases are not properly propagated
- New DNS SOA analysis module
- Update attachment whitelist logic to allow some dangerous attachment types that were being blocked
- Rework test ordering to minimize server resource requirements
- Improvements to outside relay parsing
- General code refactoring/improvements
- Extended backup functionality to allow for batch/script processing.
- Created a "create_backup" maintenance script.
- Reduce verbosity of post_install script.
- Bug: Fixed a bug in the geoip update maintenance process.
- Minor improvements to server validation functionality.
- Bug: Fixed a problem with alternate mailer port expansion code.
- Consolidate dashboard interface to only show the twitter feed, but included a link to the RSS feed.
- Reformat support section in the dashboard.
- OCR: Minor code improvements resulting from Coverity code analysis.
- Code improvements to str*trim library functions.
-- Development Team